Imebra SDK is a multiplatform open source C++ Dicom library.
The full source code of the C++ library, examples and documentation are freely available under the GPL license.
The library can handle Dicom3, NEMA and Jpeg files and supplies both high-level and raw access to the loaded data.
The embedded images can be easily decompressed or converted to other color formats or bit depth.
Imebra SDK can parse and build DICOMDIR files.
Imebra SDK also supports the Unicode standard (on the fly conversion to/from Dicom charsets), the caching of large tags, and the transactions (never leave a dataset in an unconsistent state).
A sample application (dicom2jpeg) supplied with the library allows to convert dicom files to jpeg or movies.
- Multi platform (Linux, Windows, iOS, Android, OS X)
- The source code can be compiled with gcc, clang, Visual Studio
- The full source code and the documentation are available under the GPL.
- The source code is well commented and can be easily extended.
- Self contained: the library needs only the STL and ICONV (or ICU) libraries. On Windows ICONV nor ICU are not required
- Dicom3 file parser and builder
- Jpeg file parser and builder
Imebra SDK can parse and build Jpeg streams. When a Jpeg stream is loaded it is automatically converted into an in-memory Dicom stream. The opposite operation is performed when a stream needs to be saved
Image compression and decompression in the following formats:
- jpeg baseline (8 bits per color channel lossy)
- jpeg baseline extended (12 bits per color channel lossy)
- jpeg lossless (up to 16 bits per color channel lossless)
- raw dicom (up to 16 bits per color channel lossless)
- rle dicom (up to 16 bits per color channel lossless)
- Color space conversion
- The library supplies the transform classes that perform the color conversion, VOI/LUT calculation and high bit shift
- Support for nested datasets (sequences)
- Support for Unicode and different Dicom charsets
- Support for transactions
- Load larger tags on demand